The Healthy Eating Advisory Service is jointly funded by the Victorian and Australian Governments, and delivered by Nutrition Australia Victorian Division.
The service supports Victorian early childhood services, primary and secondary schools, workplaces and hospital retail food outlets to provide healthier food and drinks in the places where Victorians live, work and play.
Visit www.heas.healthytogether.vic.gov.au for more information, plus fact sheets, resources and recipes.
The Advisory Service is run by Nutrition Australia Victorian Division’s team of experienced dietitians and nutritionists, who can provide information and resources to help food services increase the availability of healthier options, and meet relevant healthy eating policies and guidelines.
What does the Advisory Service provide?
- Phone advice and support to assist in providing nutritious, tasty and cost effective food and drink choices, including assistance with menu planning.
- Staff training on developing and modifying menus, product assessments, considering options for healthy vending machines and developing an internal healthy food policy.
- Support to meet the relevant healthy food policies and guidelines.
- Support for early childhood services and schools to meet the Healthy Eating and Oral Health benchmarks of the Healthy Together Achievement Program
- Information on establishing and maintaining a health promoting environment, through the provision of healthy food and drinks.
The Healthy Eating Advisory Service also work with food industry and health professionals to support healthy eating in these settings.
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest news, events and resources from Nutrition Australia.
Nutrition Australia Victorian Division AGM
27 March, Melbourne Vic
Webinar: Skills for nutrition education in CALD communities
30 March, online
NAQ Nutrition Annual General Meeting
31 March, QLD
Nutrition for new mums and bubs (workshop)
23 April, Melbourne Vic
Allergies and your children (workshop)
28 May, Melbourne Vic
The Healthy Harvest - $14.95!
A fun, farm-based adventure about where our food comes from!