A healthy, nutritious breakfast that provides your kids with adequate energy is a great way to start the day. The best breakfasts should include fruit or vegetables, a dairy product (or alternative) and a wholegrain bread, cereal or grain product. Some may think that preparing and eating a healthy breakfast is time consuming, but this is not necessarily the case.
- Raisin bread or fruit loaf, either plain or topped with ricotta cheese, and chopped strawberries or banana
- Wholegrain cereal with milk and chopped fruit such as banana or berries, or pureed fruit
- Hot porridge with milk, chopped banana or berries
- Yoghurt topped with a muesli style cereal and chopped or pureed fruit
- Baked beans with wholegrain toast and a small glass of diluted fruit juice
- Scrambled or poached eggs with toast and a glass of milk
- Wholegrain muffins with a slice of cheese and tomato and a piece of fruit
- Toasted bagels with avocado and a glass of milk
- Wholegrain toast with a thin spread of jam or honey plus sliced banana and a small tub of yoghurt
- Fruit smoothies – simply blend milk, yoghurt, soft fruit and a sprinkle of wheatgerm or psyllium
- For an on-the-go breakfast, take a piece of fruit , a cheese stick and a few low fat crackers
|Kids Brainy Breakfast Ideas_Printable PDF.pdf||109.99 KB|
Join our mailing list for the latest news, events and resources from Nutrition Australia.
Inspire healthy eating with books, posters, webinars and more!
Browse the range.
Make a donation
Will you donate to support healthy eating education?