This recipe makes a great pasta salad for lunch the next day!
|6 1⁄2||Cup||cold water|
|300||Gram||cooked deli roast chicken (shredded)|
|1||Tablespoon (Metric)||garlic infused olive oil (optional)|
|2||Tablespoon (Metric)||pine nuts|
|250||Gram||cherry tomatoes (halved)|
|mixed salad (to serve)|
- Place broccoli and 2 cups of water in the Decor Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer, and cook in the microwave uncovered without lid for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Once cooked leave to stand for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Place the penne into the Decor Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and cook with water according to the Pasta Cooker instructions for about 15 minutes, or until al dente, then drain.
- Combine the cooked pasta and all other remaining ingredients with the cooked broccoli in the Rice Cooker and mix well to combine.
- Divide among 4 bowls, and serve with mixed salad on the side.
- To store leftovers in the fridge or freezer use a Décor Microsafe® container. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.
- This recipe makes a great pasta salad for lunch the next day!
- Try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness
Each serve of this recipe provides:
- 2.5 serves of vegetables
- 0.25 serves of milk/yoghurt/cheese
- 1 serve of lean meat/alternative
- 2 serves of grain foods
Recipe created by Nutrition Australia Vic Division for Decor Australia.
Join our mailing list for the latest news, events and resources from Nutrition Australia.
Inspire healthy eating with books, posters, webinars and more!
Browse the range.
Recipe of the month
Healthy eating at work
Find out more about healthy cooking demonstrations, seminars, and menu assessments for your workplace.