This answer is brought to you by many of the Australian nutrition professionals who regularly contribute to the Nutritionists Network ('Nut-Net'), a nutrition email discussion group.
A book called Sweet Poison includes the claim that a type of sugar called ‘fructose’
is a poison that is slowly killing us. Is there any truth to this?
- Eat plenty of vegetables, legumes and fruits
- Eat plenty of cereals (including breads, rice, pasta and noodles), preferably wholegrain
- Limit saturated fat and moderate total fat intake
- Drink plenty of water
- Limit your alcohol intake if you choose to drink
- Consume only moderate amounts of sugars and foods containing added sugars
- Prevent weight gain: be physically active and eat according to your energy needs
|Fructose_Printable Summary.pdf||130.07 KB|
Join our mailing list for the latest news, events and resources from Nutrition Australia.
Inspire healthy eating with books, posters, webinars and more!
Browse the range.